Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booster

Expert Forum User

we have dd1 and ds in a booster seat no high back. they are dd1 52 pounds and ds is 42 pounds they use the shoulder strap
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyGirls22 View Post
    Well she is 8 and has asked that we reassess the car seat situation. Right now she is still in the high back booster graco nautilus. I will get her height and weight tomorrow.

So legally she needs nothing now...wow that scares me

I am thinking taking the high back off and just using the booster would be a good compromise right?!
    I wouldn't suggest getting ride of a booster all together for an 8 year old. Most kids need a booster until between 10-12 years of age. Just because it's legal doesn't make it the safe.

Check out the 5-step test:
    The 5-Step Test

I have no issue with an 8 year old in a backless. The Nautilus is pretty wide with the cup holders (which may or may not be an issue). If she goes on play dates and it might be a pain to lug around.

As she starts to mature a bit more her hips will start to widen (I feel like I'm doing a filmstrip on “the changes“), you may want to take her out and try out a few other backless options. Some fit better then others.

BTW -- kuddos to you for keeping your daughter so well restrained!
    Last edited by a_bun_in_the_oven; 07-24-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Expert Forum User

My 7 yr old is only 47lbs and in a half booster. He s tall for his age. I would have a half booster for DH's car. She will be good with that.
    NO NOISE IS BETTER THEN HEARING A CHILD'S LAUGHTER

Expert Forum User

47.5 inches and 57.2lbs.
    So I am thinking ok for just a booster in both vehicles? Or keep her in the highback a bit longer?

Expert Forum User

Well, at 47.5“ she still would likely fit fine in any high back booster I can think of.

I'd probably allow her to go backless in and around town, but on longer trips I might attach the back in case she falls asleep and needs the extra support.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by a_bun_in_the_oven View Post
    Well, at 47.5“ she still would likely fit fine in any high back booster I can think of.

I'd probably allow her to go backless in and around town, but on longer trips I might attach the back in case she falls asleep and needs the extra support.
    London is about the furthest we travel ( about an hour) and she NEVER sleeps...Boy do I wish she did at times but even at her most sleepiest she does not nap in the car.

She totally fits fine. She is in the high back with the seat belt but is asking to go to a booster. She usually asks then forgets and goes with the flow but she has been bugging me so much. I know it isn't a reason but there aren't many of her friends that have booster...especially high back. Maybe we can keep the high back until school starts then when she start grade 3 switch to booster only...Might be a good compromise?

MIL and DH think I am just anal but I can control this, make them safer so why not?

Expert Forum User

Actually I just thought of one more thing. Do any of the vehicles not have an adjustable head rests?

She should have head support that is at least at the top of her ears, provided either by a booster or a vehicle head rest.

I do think that keeping the back until the start of the school year would be a reasonable compromise.

My DH thinks I'm a bit anal too, but with car accidents being the number 1 killer of children between 1-15, I don't think you can really be too cautious.

Expert Forum User

Last edited by a_bun_in_the_oven; 07-24-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12