Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D ultrasound

M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Question 3D ultrasound

I have one booked for mrch 29th and we are spending 300 dollars, so I was just wondering if its worth it?
    I dont exactly have the money to be putting out, but we are doing it as a birthday present for a family member. Will this be a memorable experience or does it depend on certain factors such as if your baby is active....or if your baby is even cute....lol jk

I just dont want to go and not be happy with it, anyone who has had it done please share how your experience went, and let me know if you have any tips or pointers

Expert Forum User

I have not had one personally but my gf had one done for her last 2 babies. It is so unreal! They both looked exactly like their 3ds! she got a video I think and she emailed out pictures, I think if we have another I would love to do it!!
    good luck!

Isn't there a deal on Tuesdays for $99.00?? I don't know where you are going but I am sure I read an advertisement in the Mother & Child magazine that stated the $99.00 on Tuesdays. It is a LOT of money to spend. I can't justify it myself and the pictures look creepy IMO.
    Lori, Momma to Malcolm and Ben

Expert Forum User

We went twice with DD...spent about $300 as well. It was worth it IMO. I LOVED seeing her in utero and how she acted and looked. We have two 45 min dvds and about 150 photos. It was fun to be able to bring your whole family or friends. It was more interactive for my dh too.
    I have booked an apointment in May to see this baby. I am only going to go once though (cause it IS expensive).
    EVERYTHING they do is based on how cooperative/active the baby is. When we went the second time for DD..she was head down already so she didn't move around as much and because she was so larger the photos were harder to take.
    You'd probably get the same idea and affect going for a small package. Where are you going??? How far along will you be?

M2M

oh I know the pictures amke me think I am going to have an oompa loompa....lol
    They do have a deal on tuesdays but they are booked for the entire year on tuesdays...why I checked past my due date I dont know...curiousity I guess.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by chky0925 View Post
    Isn't there a deal on Tuesdays for $99.00?? I don't know where you are going but I am sure I read an advertisement in the Mother & Child magazine that stated the $99.00 on Tuesdays. It is a LOT of money to spend. I can't justify it myself and the pictures look creepy IMO.

That tuesday deal is what we're doing this time...... but she said she's booked to April/May I believe.....

M2M

I will be umm 29 weks...maybe 28? Im not 100% sure. My SO's mother is going to split on it with us, we picked the 199 package that comes with the DVD and 4 pictures, its 30 minutes long...How many people can you take? I thought it would only be my SO and myself able to go in.

Expert Forum User

When I went to UC Baby for DD...we were allowed 5 people...... the new Lndon place in Pond Mills...when I asked her, she said it didnt matter...she said they once had about 11 people but it was crowded....

Nicole&Grant

Okay, I've heard some really amazing things about this 3D and 4D U/S but what is it about it not being medically necessary? I was warned about having one performed as there are too many sound waves being sent and its not good for the baby. I would love to get one done but I guess I'm scared of not really knowing for sure if its true. The pictures look truly amazing. I hope I didn't ruin your post, just thought I'd ask if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole&Grant View Post
    Okay, I've heard some really amazing things about this 3D and 4D U/S but what is it about it not being medically necessary? I was warned about having one performed as there are too many sound waves being sent and its not good for the baby. I would love to get one done but I guess I'm scared of not really knowing for sure if its true. The pictures look truly amazing. I hope I didn't ruin your post, just thought I'd ask if this is true?
    I didn't want to post either, but I have read that even the FDA advises against them. This was the first article that came up when I googled it, there is lots more about it if you want to look. I know many if not most woman get more then one US and many get the keep sake ones and many babies are born perfect, just something I am personally not convinced it without risk. I am not in any way saying ultrasounds aren't a very valuable tool, just the keepsake ones to get a peek of your baby ones for fun is what I am talking about.

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/104_images.html
    Last edited by my2babies; 03-12-2008 at 12:00 AM.

We went to UC Baby too, but in Windsor. We spent $200 plus DH HAD to have the heartbeat bear too, but I think that was $25 We got the DVD, a cd full of pictures, a couple printed pictures, a free picture frame.

I was kinda pissed that my girl hardly moved for the first 10-15 minutes despite drinking the orange juice they told me to and eating something before hand. I should have known though, it was her usual time for sleeping...I should have booked it for the time she was normally awake.

It was still really worth it though, just to see everything, her little face, hands, feet, legs, and to see what she's doing in there. We got a couple smiles and some wiggles, but not much else. We were still happy I don't know if I would have paid $100 more for it though, I thought $200 was enough

Expert Forum User

We had one done at 25 weeks with our DD and brought our own music making it a lot more sentimental to us. We also got the $200 package with UCBaby in Kitchener. We both thought it was well worth them money (even though DD was asleep through most of it). We had a poor experience with our one and only diagnostic ultrasound, and still wanted to determine the gender of our little sprout.

We both just sat there in awe during our ultrasound period, and went out and bought sometime pink after Later that night we showed our ultrasound video to my husbands family and disclosed we were having a girl after. We made them sit through the whole video first of course On the weekend we showed the video to everyone in my family too.

Expert Forum User

I'm still early in my pregnancy and already booked mine. I got the $99 Tuesday, but not until the end of July. I am already excited about it. As for too much u/s exposure or whatnot. I figure if it were too dangerous they wouldn't allow it. Plus my aunt had her son in France and they do an ultrasound every month as a check for all moms. So that is alot more than the two or three I'll end up with.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

I haven't had one personally, because I am a cheapskate.

My friend had one a couple months ago in Kitchener and I went with. It was pretty cool, she got some very nice shots. My other friend had one done last week and posted all his pics on Facebook - and they are awful. You can't even tell what part of the baby most of them are.

M2M

oh my gosh if that happens to me I will be devastated....and would want a refund..which they dont do...lol
    although with the way this baby seems to like to act, that will be my luck. His face seems to always be facing my back. Well I have only had 2 ultrasounds, and both time his face was in the direction of my back, they had to take an hour just to do the measurments of things that have to do with head and face.

As for the questions and articles about it not being safe, I really considered this as well, because I dont want to do anything unnecassary. But my SO had a good point when he said if it was really bad for babies then these places wouldnt be able to operate. He also brought up the point about how bad Xrays are for you, and how I have had 60+ xrays 4 bone scans and 3 ct scans in a 10 year span...lol (really bad wrists)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast