Unhappy Baby Jogger City Select

Does anyone have this stroller? I just purchased it all decked out with the accessories and i love the stroller, just the infant car seat adapter i'm not sure about.

It's a universal adapter and there website says my safety first designer 22 car seat will fit. it does lock on the first part of the bar like a grocery cart, then the adapter is like a d and the car seat has grooves on the back and it rests
    (doesn;t lock) on the straight d stick, it has an additional "seat belt to strap the seat to the stroller" but if you push it from behind it will fall forward still staying attached to the bar...

does anyone have this stroller and has a infant car seat that doesn't do this??

Expert Forum User

I had two friends that bought that stroller and each one ended up going into to Children's Furniture Gallery where they bought them to get them to help them with the carseat adapter. Both of them had been using it wrong so it might be worth it to get it double checked. The instructions sucked that we got with our adapter.

I have the baby jogger elite and I wasn't a big fan of the adapter but I did get used to it.

I am having the exact same problem! We have a baby-trend carseat and the same thing happens - it can flip forward. It just can't be right.. it's not safe. You know how it says on the bar, “use this side up for Peg, Graco, etc“? It doesn't say that anywhere for Baby Trend. I followed the instructions but it just doesn't seem right. We ended up adding the little bar that it says to use for Peg perego (I think) and it's much more stable now. We bought ours from Tummies to Tots so I'm wondering if they can help me figure it out... where'd you get yours? So annoying to buy such an expensive thing and then it doesn't even work right!

I purchased mine from the states, you will not believe how much I paid, no shipping fees no taxes, mind you I had to pay for a shipping depot since the company didn't ship to Canada...I had a 3 wheel travel system and hated it, so any new moms out there don't waste your money...think of the stroller as an investment, you get what you pay for...I constantly see people at walmart cursing their stroller while trying to grocery shop...wished I didn't try to save a couple bucks in that area....That being said instead of buying another single stroller I purchased a stroller that will do both single and double as I plan on having a second one in the near future....

I picked up my purchases on Thursday, the basinette, the stroller, an extra seat, the adapter, the parent console, the infant tray, the rain cover for the bottom basket, foot muffs x2 I got it for a steal...I followed the instructions and I had my husband play with it as well....

might just have to make a trip into childrens furniture gallery today I will post an update when I get home...because I will definitely be buying another car seat that fits stable on this stroller as I want my little one nice and secure and not having to worry about turning my head for a minute and having someone rush by and get caught on the stroller (you never know) and flip her forward while she's in the seat... Likely being paranoid but first time mom here

Expert Forum User

I have this stroller but have a Chicco carseat. No problems here.
    Last edited by Marvin; 01-08-2012 at 11:41 AM.

I never made it to Childrens furniture gallery, I read the instructions from front to back, and we decided to put the peg bar in after putting it through the adapter thing with the red tags on them to lock it down and it does seem more stable but not stable enough for my liking as it still does slip forward if pushed on from the back just less now, so supposedly a maxi cosi just clicks in those end adapters that you don't need the bars so this is what i am going to try this week if I can make it into kitchener to pick one up from toys rus as I have a 100 gift card...

Check out my newest venture
    www.facebook.com/FlowerPowerBabies

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I have this stroller but have a Chicco carseat. No problems here.
    i seen a u tube video with a city stroller not the select though and they picked up the stroller from the top of the car seat handle and it stayed attached without using the tether seat belt does this do that with yours?

Check out my newest venture
    www.facebook.com/FlowerPowerBabies

I can help you if you want. Ive set up the carseat adapter on a few different careseats. I have the same stroller.