Expert Forum User

Default He's like one of those creepy dolls

You know the ones with eyes that open when you sit them up and close when you lie them down.

Except hes a broken one. Eyes closed snoring in my arms, the minute I put him down in the bassinette hes awake and crying. Pick him up and eyes close again.

We went through this nearly a dozen times last night before he stayed asleep. Than as soon as he woke to eat, it started again.

He doesnt give me a drozy time to put him down half asleep, he just crashes so I dont know how to fix this.

I was fine with cosleeping while he was nursed, but it makes me weary to have him in bed now that he is formula fed.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

That must be so frustrating! I always rock my DD for at least 10 minutes once she's in a deep sleep before putting her down. I also swaddle her at night and I think that helps keep her asleep. I used to use a hot water bottle in her crib to help make the transfer from arms to crib easier. I use a white noise CD too. A fan could work too.
    Last edited by pricetag; 01-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Same here, I have to rock DS for at least 20 mins while he's asleep before I put him down or he'll wake up like nothing ever happened. I swaddle him as well (and just started swaddling him for naps too) and play continuous white noise (if not he sometimes will wake up when it's too quiet).
    Good luck, I know what you're going through and it will get better!