Default Desperately Seeking a Grobag

Ladies...I am in real need of a Grobag sized 18-36 months or higher. I would prefer girls' colours, but would consider others if necessary. Let me know if you have any or know where they are on sale. They are way too much for me at full price!!

Expert Forum User

This one was listed on Kijiji on Saturday - $20 is a good price too.

Grobag 18-36m 2.0 tog

MM
    *sigh*

Breastfeeding Success Essentials:
    SUPPORT ~ EDUCATION ~ DETERMINATION

Beat the "Booby Traps" to Breastfeeding Success!

~The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'~

~Do or Do Not. There is no try.~
    Yoda

I was at the Winners near Masonvillie yesterday afternoon and saw a few of them there about $25ish (I think).

Expert Forum User

Unfortunately, I am not willing to part with them. If my 3 week old son, turned out to be a girl then I could have parted with the blue grobag then, but now I do not have to buy any.

One word of caution on buying a Grobag!!! The Grobags with the zipper down the front are not good because your LO (or at least mine!!!) was able to unzip himself out of his Grobag and was very proud of that too LOL! I would reccommend getting the Grobag that opens at the side instead with the safety snap under the arm. DS is 25 months and very flexible and cannot undo his Grobag thankfully now. I was able to take the nice cream bear grobag that I wanted so badly back to Tummies to Tots and had to get a baby blue poked-dotted one instead which I do really like.

I own 2 grobags for each size group -- 0-6 m, 6-18m and 18-36m. That was especially good for the 0-6m and 6-18m as if they soiled one during nap or bedtime then I had another one and could do laundry later.

Good luck finding a grobag cheaper. The Grobags are really hard to find used though. You could try the LM's Sale too. The Mom and Caregiver Magazine each month has coupons for Children's Furniture place or Tummies To Tots so watch out for them and then you can pick a Grobag and get 20% off or a $40 gift certificate respectively.

I spent $60 times 6 for all of my Grobags and now baby #2 is using them. I got gender neutral colours except for one of the 18-36 month ones as I had to get a blue one, but it is nice baby blue so even a girl could look beautiful in that one. Well worth the money for a good night sleep!!!!

Hope the info helps as I learned from experience. You really only need the 2.5 Tog (all year round one) as the 1.0 Tog (summer) weight is pretty useless when we have only 4 months of summer.

Momaswell, PM me if you have any more questions about Grobags.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

I have one that is green and blue with pink inside. I have washed it once and used it twice. I'd be willng to part with it. Its the 6-18m size with the zipper down the side. It still has the original package and thermeter that it comes with think I could dig up the reciept if you wanted too. 40 dollars and it's yours!! I got it at the baby furniture place before they moved

How do you find the sizing on Grobags? Are they pretty true to what they say? DD is almost 20lbs and wears 12-18 and 18-24 sizes - any suggestions on which size would fit her best?

Great Thread, I didn't know that grobags came in bigger sizes (don't know what rock I have been under???)

I made bigger ones when my daughter outgrew what I could find in stores. Our house was cold.
    I have a pattern that's easy to follow. I just sold the 2 "girl" ones I made for my daughter.

The ones I made had a zipper down the front and made of fleece. I can share a photo.

I can make some if you can't find any. PM me for details.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2ellie View Post
    How do you find the sizing on Grobags? Are they pretty true to what they say? DD is almost 20lbs and wears 12-18 and 18-24 sizes - any suggestions on which size would fit her best?

Great Thread, I didn't know that grobags came in bigger sizes (don't know what rock I have been under???)
    How long is she? Katarina is 25lbs, 30" and using the 6-18 month with room. Though, I'd like to get an 18-26 month but need to get it second hand to afford it I got this one at the multiple birth sale.

Halo makes pretty decent sleep sacks, but they aren't as insulated as the grobags I don't think. I have a fleece Halo sleep sack that I quite like, the zipper goes from top to bottom for easy night changes.

Too funny about undoing the grobag front zipper, hadn't thought about that! She'll do it soon I'm sure because she LOVES to play with the zippers when her sleep sacks are off. Our grobag is side zippering, so I might be okay...

Zabsmom, just wondering if Momaswell contacted you about getting the Growbag from you. I am interested if she isn't. Could you PM me and let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    Zabsmom, just wondering if Momaswell contacted you about getting the Growbag from you. I am interested if she isn't. Could you PM me and let me know?
    I would love the one Zabsmom offered, but it is too small! Go for it!!!!!!

I just had a question about these...I have never used one, but now that dd moves around so much in her sleep she wakes up alot...possibly cold because she is always kicking the blanket off? Anyway, when your lo moves around alot a night and stands up in the crib, crawls around, etc. is the grobag constricting at all? Isn't it hard for them to stand up in? Do they get all twisted up and fall down? I know these questions may sound strange, but I just don't get it. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

My little one can still stand up in her Grobag...probably not as easily as if she didn't have one, but she still can.

At this point, the Grobag keeps her warm all night because there are no blankets to kick off, and it also keeps her from hiking her leg up over the side of the crib...she is a climber!! So, it helps keep her from falling out.

I planned on using a crib tent like I did with my first one, but this LO screamed like crazy when I tried to put it on...it scared the crap out of her. Meanwhile, my little guy loved it.

Anyhow, when I tried to change her over to a blanket a couple of weeks ago, she didn't like that either. She loves her Grobag.

I ended up buying her another one for $50 at Tummies to Tots...not a bad price for a brand new one. I also have managed to find another used one online for $12 which I am waiting for.

Anyhow, now that my 4 yr old saw his sister's new "sleeping bag" he has informed me that he wants one too....a dinosaur one. Ha..ha......

I'm a bit late, but have a similar response that they seem to be able to do a lot in a grobag It does twist a bit, but I find not as bad as her Halo sleep sack.

It is HILARIOUS to see her in it, she can crawl and even walk in it (albeit slowly!), standing in the crib is no problem at all. Definitely worth it a sit keeps them warm.

Anyone still looking for a 6-18month one? someone posted one on the classfieds: http://www.londonmoms.ca/classifieds...hp?a=2&b=61285