Default What gaming system should we get?

We have never owned any video game system (not since the old Nintendo when i was little)!!! ..well, ds has Nintendo ds but I don't play.
    My sister & BIL left us their WII over the holidays to play and my kids are really enjoying it....so, we are looking to maybe give in and buy some sort of family gaming system. Are all video game systems interactive like WII? I want something both kids (age 4 & 6)can easily play and enjoy...any advice would be great as there seem to be alot of options out there

I love the Wii there's TONS of games and on a rainy day/too cold outside, I can just throw in Wii Fit for Kids and run DD1's (3) workout program. She can also use it all by herself. I just have to start the system for her and she does the rest. My DSKs I just have to tell them where the disk is and they do everything else themselves. I can recommend a ton of games for the Wii and I'm sure other moms can too.
    I didn't find many other systems very 'kid friendly' the Wii is the only one we use on a regular bases for the kids.
    We do own a Xbox 360 and a PS 3.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

the wii, but i love nintendo
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

thks for replies...we really enjoyed playing the Wii games my family brought over (wii resort and sports)...my 4 year old had no issues playing or using the remotes. Dh or myself won't be using the system ourselves (without kids) so i think i will look into buying the Wii system, even used maybe.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I'd go with a Wii, too. The Kinect system (Xbox?) looks cool, but there are just soooo many Wii games, so cheap, that I'd stick with that. And it's so easy for kids.

I love Game Party - has stuff like pool, lawn darts, raquet ball, shuffleboard, darts. We also love Mariokart,
    and then we have the sport ones too and some others.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

I am going with the Wii as well.

With MarioKart being a big hit right now. DS (4) and ODD (6) love it!!
    I would not really go used unless you really get a good buy, but they come on sale often and are not badly priced. Walmart had the bundles just a bit ago for $149.
    Love isn't love till you give it away.

Expert Forum User

For kids that age, I think Wii is best. I bought one (for me!) 2 years ago, and DS has taken it over and LOVES it! Huge variety of games, easy for kids to use, and least expensive!

Expert Forum User

We have the wii and love it. I find there are more kid friendly games with the wii. The kids can play the wii games easily. They are 4 and 8
    Andrea - Mommy to two beautiful girls.

I think the Wii is best for kids as there are many many more games out there that are appropriate. As a system in general though I would say the PS3 has the best quality system out there.

DOULA IN Training with toLabor, with Mother Essence Birth Services in Sarnia!

we have all the systems lol. seriously ... wii, ps3 with move, and now xbox with kinect :P

my kids like them all lol. ps3 with move is similar to wii, xbox with kinect is interactive but no controller. all are pretty easy for the kids to use and have decent kids games

wii does seem to have the most kids games though.

my son much preferred the ps3 after we got it (over the wii), but now that we have the xbox, is madly in love with it, lol! my dd doesn't play a whole lot, but she likes them all too.

one plus for xbox, is since you are the controller, you actually fully have to participate and use big movements - no cheating like you can with wii and ps3 lol.
    where does the time go?
    mom to DS (11) and DD (7)

wii
    Why yes I'm a Doula! (in training) come check out my Facebook for more info!. Or PM me!
    https://www.facebook.com/greatexpectationsdoula

here is my doulamatch profile: http://doulamatch.net/profile/6878/kate-williamson

For that age, I would go with a Wii.