Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is with people?

DF walked over to grab some necessities from the grocery store today and passed an elderly lady who's car had gotten stuck at the end of her driveway. DF said that a group of 5 teenagers just walked by laughing and pointing at her. How ignorant! I can't believe that people would do that, young or old. DF stopped and asked her if she needed a hand and he said she was so upset that she was crying in her car. He ended up shoveling out her car, helping her get it into her garage and then shoveling her whole driveway for her. She told him that he was the nicest young man she had met in a long time. That's awesome for DF but doesn't say too much for most people.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

wow that is great of your df and horrible of those teenagers.

i have to say, i've gotten my car stuck at the end of my driveway twice so far this year, and people have been lovely. i've had people walking and driving by ask if i need help, and others say hello and wish me good luck digging out. the neighbours chatted with me while they shovelled out their driveways too. i think jerks are the exception rather than the rule, fortunately.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

Thats horrible of those teenagers and great for your df. I think Myrrah is right, there are more helpful people out there then ignorant ones, thankfully.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

We got stuck in our driveway tonight and 4 young guys in a pickup truck drove past, stopped, offered to help and cheered when between them and my hubby they pushed me into the driveway. YAY!!
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

Mump&Grump_Mom

oh, round of applause for your DF! I hate to see ignorant teens, far too many of them lounging around doing nothing. Community service should be like the israeli army around here, every young man and woman has to put in their time!

Expert Forum User

Awww I hate hearing stories about elderly people being in trouble even if it is with ignorant teens. Last night I had to drive to my parents to feed their cat and got stuck on the street because there was a plow plowing out some guys driveway that decided to sit in the middle of the road so I couldn't get by. He just sat there! I lost momentum and couldn't make it the rest of the way and then my car got stuck. I had to hoof it the rest of the way up the street and he didn't even help me get my car unstuck. As I was walking back from my parents he just drove on by. It was his fault I was even walking there in the first place.

CodysMummy

Way To Go DADDY !!! Ella and mommy must be sooo Proud!!! I dont know what is with people these days .... it seems the world today people are caring about is themselves . It is extremely sad that this is what our society today has become and I am glade there are still a select few good people out there willing to lend a hand when needed I applaud all those good people and thank them for everything they have done ! Your DH set an amazing example lets hope people follow it

Expert Forum User

That is really sweet of your DF.
    I'd be pretty embarassed if I were the mother of those teenagers. I remember once this past summer I was walking my girls home from the park, and a school bus passed us. Some kids were yelling out at the window at me, and I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then one leans out and flips his middle finger up at me. Seriously, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Reese'smom View Post
    That is really sweet of your DF.
    I'd be pretty embarassed if I were the mother of those teenagers. I remember once this past summer I was walking my girls home from the park, and a school bus passed us. Some kids were yelling out at the window at me, and I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then one leans out and flips his middle finger up at me. Seriously, why?
    omg serisoly that is horrible if I was doing that a a kid and my parent had found out I would have had broken fingers ...I was awalking down the street the other day with Xavier and some young(about 12-13 years old) girls were walking and Xavier eneded up tripping because they decided to stay sid by side....Ignorant much...I looked back and told them that they should bwe a little more polite and go one behind each other when they see ppl walking as I would do the same and of course all I got was laughter....Poor Xavier had a rip in his jeans and a cut on his knee and was soaked because it was the day that everything was melting so there was slush everywhere....I even have the same problem wen I have cobe in the stroller I actually have to stop because some ppl just think they are better and deserve not to even budge an inch
    Becky Mom to X and C

Your husband had perfect timing to help the lady! Hopefully the lady remembers your husband's kindness more than the ignorant teenagers!

-- Delia --

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

if i see someone stuck no matter what i help push them out and i am female, when we had that huge storm where we got 3 feet of snow i was working at the LFP and there are big tucks that got stuck in the parking lot there were 5 guys and me pushing them , i feel if i am able to do something we should

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Quote Originally Posted by DKLcorrigan View Post
    if i see someone stuck no matter what i help push them out and i am female, when we had that huge storm where we got 3 feet of snow i was working at the LFP and there are big tucks that got stuck in the parking lot there were 5 guys and me pushing them , i feel if i am able to do something we should
    I agree...and I am the same way as you...
    Becky Mom to X and C

I offered to push a car stuck in the middle of a sidestreet. It was some cool little sports car with summer tires. Reverse, forward, reverse, forward... it looked like that scene in Austin Powers where he's stuck in the corridor. Hahaha... The guy was WAY too macho to accept help from me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mommy0519 View Post
    omg serisoly that is horrible if I was doing that a a kid and my parent had found out I would have had broken fingers ...I was awalking down the street the other day with Xavier and some young(about 12-13 years old) girls were walking and Xavier eneded up tripping because they decided to stay sid by side....Ignorant much...I looked back and told them that they should bwe a little more polite and go one behind each other when they see ppl walking as I would do the same and of course all I got was laughter....Poor Xavier had a rip in his jeans and a cut on his knee and was soaked because it was the day that everything was melting so there was slush everywhere....I even have the same problem wen I have cobe in the stroller I actually have to stop because some ppl just think they are better and deserve not to even budge an inch

I've had the same trouble with the stroller,especially in the winter. People will actually walk strait at me and expect me to try to wheel the stroller over the snow piles at the side. It's so rude. We've had a lot of construction going on at our building for awhile and they had some machinery out front blocking sections of the sidewalk. I had to try to get the stroller around it in all the snow which was next to impossible. The workers just stood and watched me. One said sorry, but didn't even try to help. GRRRR.

Quote Originally Posted by ellasmommy View Post
    I've had the same trouble with the stroller,especially in the winter. People will actually walk strait at me and expect me to try to wheel the stroller over the snow piles at the side. It's so rude. We've had a lot of construction going on at our building for awhile and they had some machinery out front blocking sections of the sidewalk. I had to try to get the stroller around it in all the snow which was next to impossible. The workers just stood and watched me. One said sorry, but didn't even try to help. GRRRR.
    Some ppl are just so ignorant....It serisouly bothers me....You don't want to even know what I mutter under my breath when crap like that happens
    Here's a funny story about teenagers that actaully is alittle off toppic but am sure you'll enjoy
    last year I was walking in the mall (I was about 6 months preggo) and some teenage boys were behind me and I could hear them talking about me....talking about my body (the way teenage boys are likely to talk saying ask her man ask her) anyway I happened to remeber I had to go to a certain store so I turned around and walked past them and all of a sudden I got the comment wow holy shit she is preganant let's get out of here man ...ahhhhh okay...apparenly I don't look so good pregnant...hahahahahah and remember I am only about two years older than these guys...ohh heck they may have even been university guys for all I know..and way to make a pregnant woman still feel like she looks good..hahaha
    My boyfriend said yup I would have said the same at the age too well he got one heck of a smack I tell ya
    lol
    Last edited by Becks; 03-09-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    Becky Mom to X and C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast