Thread: New Bathroom!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default New Bathroom!

Okay we are getting a new bathroom. I need HELP!!! I have no idea what to colours to put in it! Everything is going to be brand new. Floors, counter walls etc.. The tub is white it's a one piece surround. The toilet is also white. I have NO IDEA WHAT TO COLOUR TO CHOOSE FOR THE FLOORS! OR WALLS HELP ME! I need suggestions and fast loL!

the hall floors are a light hardwood and the paint colour is a carmel colour almost. But one side of it is going to be completely redone with new doors and redrywalled. So new paint will likely be put on it. I need something neutral and that I can live with forever!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

We just painted our walls a honey color. We got the paint from Rona and it is the recycled stuff. So much cheaper!!!!! Although not much of a selection of colors tho.

And we got a multi coloured flooring of dark brown, caramel, light brown mix. We spoke to a interior designer there at Rona and she helped us out quite a bit.

Have fun!!!!
    Last edited by Alysan; 12-22-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Expert Forum User

We went with a vinyl flooring in our bathroom...it looks so much like ceramic it's not even funny. I would do a neutral colour for floors so you can change your wall colour later if you want to. Do you want to do something bold or something neutral. I love a cranberry colour (with a hint of pink in it) for a bold colour. If you want something lighter what about an aqua colour? Then you could do brown accents and with the neutral flooring it would tie in with the hallway.

thanks for the ideas keep them coming! I'd love to do bold but dh would hate it so a more neutral colour on the walls that I can accent with. I was thinking of something with browns/tans etc.. for the floors. We are trying to find a cabnet too. I can get one up to 6 ft long!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by one ordinary girl View Post
    Okay we are getting a new bathroom. I need HELP!!! I have no idea what to colours to put in it! Everything is going to be brand new. Floors, counter walls etc.. The tub is white it's a one piece surround. The toilet is also white. I have NO IDEA WHAT TO COLOUR TO CHOOSE FOR THE FLOORS! OR WALLS HELP ME! I need suggestions and fast loL!

the hall floors are a light hardwood and the paint colour is a carmel colour almost. But one side of it is going to be completely redone with new doors and redrywalled. So new paint will likely be put on it. I need something neutral and that I can live with forever!
    Yay i LOVE RENOS!! I would suggest to do the expensive/permanent things in nutral colours. So the floors and the vanity. A paint can isnt that expensive really compared to floor tile. Go with what you like so it matches the rest of your house. That way the styles stay consistant.

GOOD LUCK. Are you doing it yourself? or hiring out?

Expert Forum User

2 sinks or one? I was just at Costco and they had a double sink vanity that was really nice. Not sure of the cost though

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I'm useless with suggestions, but I do agree with the expensive stuff in neutrals and using towels, shower curtains and all of that as the bold colours in the room. They're easy to change! I can't wait to see pictures.

Expert Forum User

Cork flooring is supposed to be good for bathrooms. It's warmer than ceramic, and it comes in many different styles.
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyrd View Post
    Cork flooring is supposed to be good for bathrooms. It's warmer than ceramic, and it comes in many different styles.
    I have heard this too. we had ceramic in our first home and it was cold and hard. I like the idea of cork and I will be looking into this when the time comes for us

We are having someone do it I just need to decide what and yesterday! I'm definitely going with neutral floors and tiles. I want to be able to change towels and shower curtains at wil. Lol. We decided on one sink but did toss about having two. We are going to have heated tiles in the bathroom so the floors will be toasty the room now has more insulation than any other room in the house!