Thread: CRICUT machine

Default CRICUT machine

Does anyone know what the cheapest place to purchase one would be? I'm guessing micheals with the 40 % off coupon

Expert Forum User

Is this that cutter that does all the shapes???
    Last weekend I watched a 1/2 hour advertisement for this.
    They were offering it for $49.99 with extra mattes and two extra cartridges...
    I was really interested and almost called to buy one, I had never even seen them before so I have no idea what retail is on them....

You must have read my mind today because I was thinking about asking the ladies about this machine today. Are they worth buying and sorry I don't know where the cheapest place to buy one would be.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. ~MLK Jr.

Expert Forum User

I have one and love it.
    Unfortunately, Michael's does not allow you to use the 40% coupon for anything cricut. But they do put them on sale every now and then. You can also get them at Walmart or any scrapbooking store. They are anywhere from 175 - 250 depending on where you look. I got mine on a great sale at Michaels a year ago for less than 175. There is also now the cricut expression which takes 12x12 papers and even bigger- It costs in the 300-400 range I believe.

I have heard that the ad for 49.99 is a big scam because that price is actually just an installment and the price is actually much higher.

If you want to find out info about the machine you can look at the forums at www.cricut.com. It is a great message board with lots of info and very talented users!!!!

I love having a machine to cut tags and alphabets etc. at home!
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Expert Forum User

On TV, they advertised it for $49 -- to try it for one month. Then, you had to make 5 more payments of $19.99. Including shipping, that's well over $250 for this fantabulous cutting machine.
    Found this online - Your right about the price (I thought it sounded too good to be true) although I do have to say that the TV ad is VERY unclear about this... I looked at the fine print and everything else when the ad was on and I saw no reference to payments or anything else - it only said that it was $49.99 and you get the extra cartridges....

I have one and love it. I use it all the time. It is very versatile and easy to use.
    mama to 3

Yes I called the ad today and they informed me that it was 4 payments of 19.99 after the 49.99. the 49.99 is for a 30 day trial. I explained that I did not hear that in the ad and would have to talk it over.
    I think I might try the Kitchener scrapbook fest and see what I come up with. I also checked KIJIJi and noticed that there was one on there for 75 dollars but did not come with the mounting paper mat that you'd need.
    Sucks about not being able to use the coupon what a scam. I'd like to get one we have foster children and are suppose to have life books for them. Cricut would help make that a ton easier.

Expert Forum User

I bought one over a year ago from Michaels for like $175 with tax and have only used it once.
    I've been getting cartridges as birthday gifts from realtives, but honestly I've only scrapbooked twice in the year for about 2 hours each time.
    I regret buying mine.

Thanks for the info ladies. Is the machine expensive to maintain?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. ~MLK Jr.

Expert Forum User

I was so tempted to buy this at one point, but I never got much use of my Sizzix, which ended up being a waste of money for the machine and dies. I would never need enough letters to justify the cost. Last night I was scrapbooking and decided just to paint on my titles. I really liked the results and it was much easier than lugging out a machine.