Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paintball guns

Default Paintball guns

My husband wants a paintball gun for christmas and I have no idea where to begin. What is a good brand? what extras do I need to buy? and what prices should I expect? Any accessories that are a must?

Go to Adrenaline Paint ball... the one on trafalger and highbury or theres one on Kipps lane in the mac's plaza( i think its still there) they would be able to tell you which one would be best for your hubby. you could also go to the surplus store (@ gilbralters weekend market)
    the guns could range any where between 100+ the cheaper ones i dont find are worth it
    and paint balls are reasonably priced.(make sure you get the food grade ones- they come off clothes easier)
    if you are thinking about accessories...
    you need to get air canisters(gilbralters can fill them)
    get some protection- goggles/face mask and a chest protector are a must. and get a barrel cleaner( it looks like anal beads lol but the last thing you want is a paintball to go off in the barrel and you have no way of cleaning it. if hes REALLY in to it, you could get some attachments for the gun ie- a scope

i hope i could give you all the info on this... paint balling is SO much fun! it hurts lol but its fun!! me and DH used to go all the time, but since A was born we've resorted to shooting coons and skunks in our back yard lol!!! ( dont worry only one was hit and hes STILL alive lol)

Expert Forum User

There are two shops in town that can help you out, one in the east, and I don't know where the other one is. Canadian Tire sells them too, not sure of the quality though. Dh has a nice one, he upgraded three years ago I think and it was around $200, but it was on sale, reg. $350.
    Does he already have a mask? You might want one of those

Thanks a heap!! I'm taking a look at the BT Delta. And I was going to get the mask but not the chest protector so I'll add that to the pile and the 'anal beads' lol. His friends are all really into it and we could never afford it because i was in school full time so I'm now working and want to have him to finally get out and enjoy some time with the boys. I'll take trip down to adrenaline and ask more questions regarding brands and prices. Thanks so much!!

I think my dh has a tipman? there is also Tactical Operations in Stratford

Oh my goodness...please let me help you with this! My husband is a HUGE paintball fanatic. In fact, he runs a sponsored team. It's ALL I ever hear about and if I die without sharing all the knowledge I've learned against my will for the last 8 years, it will all have been in vain!

So tell me...what's your budget? Also there are two VERY different types of paintball...speedball (where guys run around big blow-up bags in an arena and try to sling as much paint as possible) or woodsball (where guys usually decked out in camo try to be all stealthy and shoot as little paint as possible because they're convinced they're snipers).

Which sounds most like your husband? LOL

Expert Forum User

Oh, yes, Mamabeck is right about there being two kinds, and some guns are meant for one type or the other and many people have a prefferance as to which game they like better.

A great place to find good markers and good advice is at Forest City Surplus. Anything you can get at any paintball store like Flagswipe you can find at the surplus store for less money..

My husband sounds like more of a woodsball guy with the occasional speedball lol. My budget is between 400-500 and I'm going to try to see if I can get some things used to save some money. Spam me with paintball information!

I'm definitely going to take a trip this weekend to city surplus! I'll try to ask him casually what kind of paintballer he is tonight without giving it away
    Last edited by Finn; 11-30-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I'm definitely going to take a trip this weekend to city surplus! I'll try to ask him casually what kind of paintballer he is tonight without giving it away
    hahaha good luck... if hes anything like my hubby he'll know right off the bat.. i cant keep anything a secret and if i hint towards something his guesses it right away lol

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Spam me with paintball information!
    When my hubby gets home from work I'll paraphrase his advice

Quote Originally Posted by MamaBack View Post
    When my hubby gets home from work I'll paraphrase his advice
    Looking forward to it!

So hubby is home...sitting right beside me...and here's what he recommends...

If he's just playing recreationally Tippmann is a good product. Tippmann A5 to be specific. It's customizable so if he ever wants to add some do-dads in the future he can (do-dads is my word, not DH's...LOL) He says it's very durable, very reliable (and DH also said they don't really know what they're talking about at Forest City...LOL)

Here's the link to the gun itself at Forest City..

Tippmann® A5 Paintball Markers - Forest City Surplus Canada - discount prices

The A5 will come with a hopper. If he doesn't want the air tank to weigh him down while he's playing, a remote line and an HPA tank will be the other extras you'll need to get.

A vest or pod pack to carry pods of paint...and a mask is the most important thing (hubby says whatever feels comfy on his face, those he'll need to try on so perhaps a gift card along with his gift?)

If he ever wants to come out and play or has questions, hubby's team can be found on Facebook...

Urban Conflict | Facebook

Hope this helps!

The remote line you'll have to ask for. It looks like a coiled hose...usually black...screws into the gun then into the tank which hubby will wear in the back of his pod pack. Some extra pods for stocking stuffers?

Amazing what I've picked up in 8 years. Never played myself because I couldn't bare the thought of getting pelted in the forehead with a paintball at 235 mph!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast