Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Do you give your ex's family school pics?

I gave my ex the option to buy some of the kids school pics. He chose not to. Now his sister who has not seen the kids in a year and a half (lives 30 minutes away) has been emailing asking for a copy of the kids school pictures. I don't think that it's right that I pay for them and have to hand them out to his uninvolved family! I told her I would see if I have extras next time I see her. She sent back that the ex is taking the kids December 3rd to their family christmas so I can send them than. Nice to hear it through someone that he is taking them.
    Do you give your ex's family school/professional pictures?

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

You could wrap them up and make them a gift from the kids to the Grandparents with a note that anybody who wants a copy for themselves should scan the pictures and get their own prints made.

or send the information on how to order some pictures of their own - isn't there usually a web-site for re-orders?

Expert Forum User

Nope. Not if you offered your ex to purchase with you.

hell no, I am a b*** and w

I would write back

“i offered the ex the chance to order his own set to give away and he choose not to, at this point I can't afford to give pictures to anyone who is not involved with my children on a regular basis“

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    Nope. Not if you offered your ex to purchase with you.
    They even had the deal that you get half price on the second package for the same child so I told him he could have half price on one and me on the other.

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by sittingpretty View Post
    hell no, I am a b*** and w

I would write back

“i offered the ex the chance to order his own set to give away and he choose not to, at this point I can't afford to give pictures to anyone who is not involved with my children on a regular basis“
    I might soften this a bit:
    “I offered the ex the chance to order his own set to give away and he choose not to, at this point I can't afford to purchase any additional ones at this time.“

Don't need to start a fight.

If she wants a pic she can come visit and snap a few!
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

Expert Forum User

DS doesn't have anyone on that side of the family interested so I don't know for sure.
    I always give pics for xmas - my grandparents get the calendar, my parents get big 1 for house and everyone (aunts/uncles/sister) get a 4X6. I always have tons left over - at least of wallets since you get so many in a package that I'd have no issue giving away extras.
    If DS dad's ex asked for a pic for her boys (DS's big brothers) then I'd have no problem mailing her some - she sees them anyways since she's on fb - but lives an hour away so we don't really have contact.

BUT if I was pissed they weren't involved and were just asking I don't think I would. If his grandparents called after 7 years with no contact and asked for pics I'd say no -why have pics if you can't come here and actually meet him (not that I want that cause he would just be confused).

Yes.

Expert Forum User

No.
    Ex's Mother made a huge deal about never seeing DS (um.. it was her own choice to not attempt a relationship after we broke up) and still hasn't called to make arrangements for a visit. If she emailed me later on to say “Hey I'd love pictures of M for Christmas“ (or school pics, or ANY pics) No. I wouldn't give them to her. I likely at this point wouldn't even respond to the email being as how the ENTIRE family is completely uninvolved.

Sorry.
    No. I wouldn't give the family school pictures.

I don't have an ex but what if you scan in a copy and she can do what she wants with it? If it were me I would not give her one that I paid for. They are expensive!

Expert Forum User

Nope, I offer my ex to split 2 packages, since it is buy one, get 2nd half price (so he would get a full package and I would too) It would be $37 for first package and 1/2 price for 2nd ($18.5)

So each would pay $27.75, He choses not to buy any, so I only get one package for myself and my family. I do offer to use the CD I paid for to get him prints, but he must pay for those prints. He never takes up the offer for that either.

No, IMO it is his responsibility.

Expert Forum User

Pictures are the Christmas gift I will give them assuming I have some left over after handing them out to my family. My ex has never taken the kids for pictures or helped pat for pictures I have had done. Anything his family gets is a gift.

Thanks! I will send one of each child in a home made Christmas card for their grandparents on his side.

I might scan it myself and e-mail her 1 copy... it wouldn't cost you anything (if you have your own scanner).... but I would not be sending them pics that I paid for.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods