Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: AVON

I will confess - it has been a long, long time since I picked up an Avon brochure. In fact, I am pretty sure it's been nearly 20 years.After Pauline (my new Avon rep) dropped off the Avon brochure, I found myself sitting for nearly an hour, fascinated and hooked. This is not my Grandma's Avon. They have really cool make up! Hot colours, trendy shades, all the best seasonal lines. From shimmery glosses to sparkly shadows and glittering polish, Avon has it all.

Not only is their makeup incredible, but Avon has begun to push through the competition with some really incredible skin care products. I have heard so many good things about their Clearskin Professional products, but the one getting the most buzz is their new Anew line. Ten years in the making, Avon has really scored with these products! They have a line for every decade from 30's to 60+ which addresses the specific skin needs during that time of life, as well as an Anew Clinical line for any age group.

I was given an all-ages night cream called Anew Genics to try. I had seen commercials for it (such as this one and like most women in their thirties, aging has been something that I'm starting to pay attention to. When I received it, I made a conscious choice not to read what it was supposed to do and instead kept an open mind and waited to see what it would do. I put it on the first night after washing my face. So far, so good. It went on smooth, wasn't greasy, didn't smell offensively and was quickly absorbed. When I woke up the next morning, I forgot that I was supposed to be looking for anything. Instead, I looked in the mirror before my shower and was a bit caught off guard. I looked good. A fluke? We'll see.

Two days later, still good. My skin tone was even, the post-summer dullness that had taken over was gone, replaced with a more fresh look. I just looked more alive. One week in, two weeks, I'm so impressed! By this time, I peeked at the ads to see what was supposed to be happening: skin looks more alive (check!), healthier (check!), radiant (check!), smoother (check!) and improves discolouration (check!). Dramatically reduces the appearance of wrinkles and skin looks up to 10 years younger... Well, to be honest, I'm not sure I had enough wrinkles to be dramatically reduced, but the fine lines around my eyes are not as noticeable and my skin has some of that youthful vigor back to it. I am sold! The best thing is - I am getting the results that I would get with the incredibly expensive creams, but Avon is priced so much more reasonably.

There is a reason Avon has been around for 125 years - these are quality products that stand up over time! They also have an impressive charity side to them being the largest corporate supporter of the breast cancer cause. One hundred percent of the profits from their 'pink' products go to breast cancer research.

Avon brochures come out every two weeks. You can contact Pauline anytime (mamaback on the forum or email pauline.back@interavon.ca) to get your hands on a brochure or have a look online Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More Ask her about throwing an Avon party, placing an order or starting your own career with Avon. Pauline is going to be at the LondonMoms Home Shopping Night this Friday, November 18 from 7-9pm at Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre. She'll be able to take orders and see all the products you have been hearing about.

Ready to rediscover Avon? One lucky LondonMom is going to get their own Avon Anew Genics to try out along with 30% off their first order with Pauline. To get in on the contest:

1. email jill@londonmoms.ca with AVON in the subject and your full name and usernames in the body of the email

2. LIKE LondonMoms on Facebook and comment about this review on the wall Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

3. LIKE Pauline's Facebook page on Facebook and comment about this review on the wall Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

4. BONUS FORUM ENTRY! Post on this thread what your favourite Avon product is.

Good luck!! Contest closes THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2011 at 8pm!
    Last edited by Leslie; 11-14-2011 at 09:05 PM.

This may be weird but I love the skin so soft. it reminds me of my grandma
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

I've already put in an order bc I want to try everything I'm most excited for the 99c lip glosses and the shimmery eyeliners in the holiday line.

Expert Forum User

I LOVE Avon (especially Mark). Just a question - the contest closes on Thursday Nov. 14, but TODAY is November 14, did you mean to say Nov. 17th or is the contest really closing today?

I love the Skin So Soft lotion as well. Smells so good!

Administrator Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
    I LOVE Avon (especially Mark). Just a question - the contest closes on Thursday Nov. 14, but TODAY is November 14, did you mean to say Nov. 17th or is the contest really closing today?
    fixed thanks!!
    Leslie

Expert Forum User

I love the Glazewear Lip Gloss
    Andrea - Mommy to two beautiful girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
    I love the Glazewear Lip Gloss
    Those are the ones I ordered! The mini ones are 99c in this brochure!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I am a Avon newbie.. I am not sure what my fav product would be??!? But I am open to suggestions!
    *~* The point isn't whether they lived happily ever after, the point is that they lived*~

Quote Originally Posted by Happily Ever After View Post
    I am a Avon newbie.. I am not sure what my fav product would be??!? But I am open to suggestions!
    Me too!! We can hover on Friday and decide. So far, my fave is Anew Genics That may or may not be the only thing I have though.

Expert Forum User

I have a long list of fav's/staples. My Aunt has sold Avon for years, but conveniently she and my Avon rep here in London have retired in the past couple of months. Glad to hear we have a mom here that I can turn to to get some product.
    I love the bubble bath and kids soap that looks like a deodorant bottle- Santa always seems to find them at Christmas for the kids.
    I just started using Magix face perfector, my aunt gave me this summer. It is a gel according to the tube, but goes on like a lotion and has a dry powder feel??? Great for oily t-zone me! I hope it is still around that I can order more when I need it- we were just going through her stash box when I was visiting.
    also on the list: the lip balms, shower gels, eye liner, foot soak for my foot spa, small hand lotions that I can carry in my bag. I will stp here- you said favorite- too many to choose from.