Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Mama's Got Swag: PICK AND PACK

PICK AND PACK ... the smart way to move

There's a reason moving is listed as one of the top 10 most stressful life events - it's awful! Change of address, movers, utilities, big purchase items... and then the actual moving part! Packing up everything, getting packing tape, the newspaper ink on your hands from wrapping fragile items, going to store after store picking up mismatched boxes that do not stack nicely and could have the bottoms fall out! Or, buying boxes knowing they're going to end up in the recycling box.

Is there not a better alternative?

There is now! Pick and Pack will save you money on buying boxes, save you time and gas getting packing supplies, is environmentally friendly and saves you that huge moving headache. Not to mention your movers will love you for choosing Pick and Pack!

I used Pick and Pack when I moved into my new house and I've been recommending this fantastic business to everyone! Trish and Patricia were with me from start to finish providing excellent customer service despite my numerous emails back and forth with them.

A couple weeks before my move I filled in an online request form - it was so simple! Your basic information and the size of place you were moving from (apartment, 2 bedroom house, 4 bedroom house, etc) and the package was suggested for what I would need to move out of my two bedroom apartment including options for additional totes, dollies, extra packing paper and wardrobe boxes. A week before my move, Pick and Pack brought stong durable plastic totes to my apartment complete with real packing paper and labels. Now, I must say I am in LOVE with the labels. Each tote has a plastic sleeve on the side where a premade label is inserted. Labels are colour coded for bathroom, living room, office, dining room and kitchen, with mutiple colours for different bedrooms as well as extras in case you have a room they might not have thought of yet. These totes saved me hours of time and with the high quality plastic totes they provide there was no concern that the bottoms could break like traditional boxes. The weather was also no worry - the bins are completely waterproof, so even if it snowed or poured rain, my possessions were safe.

During the move, the movers commented on how much easier it was to lift the totes compared to traditional boxes, and so much easier to stack in the truck. Pick and Pack easily saved me 30-45 minutes on a 5 hour moving rate due to the ease of loading and unloading of the totes as opposed to traditional boxes.

Three weeks later, settled in my new home, Pick and Pack was back at my house to pick the totes and labels up. Pick and Pack appreciates your business as well! I got a lovely card in the mail thanking me for choosing them to help me with my move and a gift card to enjoy a cup of coffee on them!

The totes come in four sizes: small, medium, large and extra large. They are delivered to your current address and picked up at your new address. There's no tape, no inky newspaper, no breaking down boxes - I had my totes unpacked in 2 weeks! It did not take any time at all and made it easy to settle into my new house.

I priced out the cost for me to purchase boxes as opposed to Pick and Pack and Pick and Pack was much more economical than boxes you would end up putting to the curb. The most appealing aspect of Pick and Pack is they're environmentally friendly! These totes are re-used again and again, there is very little waste involved.

Pick and Pack are an excellent service who have found a niche in the moving industry, I will be recommending Pick and Pack time and time again! Have a look at their website Pick and Pack, London, Ontario | Moving Packages | Storage Bins | Moving Boxes | Moving Supplies | Moving Company London Ontario Mention this review and save the tax on any of their moving packages!

Pick and Pack is offering a $25 gift certificate to one lucky LondonMom as well! To enter...

1. Send an email to jill@londonmoms.ca with PACK in the subject line and your full name and username in the message

2. LIKE LondonMoms on Facebook and post about this review on the wall. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/LondonMomsca/147333808651380

2. LIKE Pick and Pack on Facebook and post about this review on the wall. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pick-And-Pack/260513443994814

Contest closes TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2011 at 8pm. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AuntPetunia; 11-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.

This looks really neat, and is actually perfect timing for me. Off to enter!
    ~Formerly shelbymama~

Expert Forum User

this does look neat. If we ever move again I think this would be the way to go
    Andrea - Mommy to two beautiful girls.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

One more day to get your entry in!