Thread: Dr. Brown

Expert Forum User

Default Dr. Brown

Just wondered if anyone used the Dr. Brown bottles with their colicky baby. I am at my wits end and don't know what else to do. I have tried drops and switching the formula and everything else they have said to do. Just wondering if I should put out like 30 buck for 3 bottles to see if that works.

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

logan was colic for 3 months and then i switched to the playtex advance and it worked wonders , i would try one bottle of playtex and if it works , there is a box of 5 for $20

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by DKLcorrigan View Post
    logan was colic for 3 months and then i switched to the playtex advance and it worked wonders , i would try one bottle of playtex and if it works , there is a box of 5 for $20
    I noticed your write up in another post about chiropractic. Didn't Logan stop with the colic after the adjustment at 7 weeks?

My opinion is that if you are going to spend the money on good bottles, you should get the born free ones taht also prevent colic as they are also BPA free. I have them and LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Good Luck!
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

he was colic for 7 weeks but still gassy for 3 months , not as bad tho , the colic went away after 7 weeks and most of the gas went away after i changed bottlesi think it was a combo

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by DKLcorrigan View Post
    he was colic for 7 weeks but still gassy for 3 months , not as bad tho , the colic went away after 7 weeks and most of the gas went away after i changed bottlesi think it was a combo
    This time frame is also quite common just for developmental growth. Three months is approximately the average amount of time that colic 'clears' whether you try something to "cure" it or not. I personally could not justify spending that amount of money on a couple of bottles that may or may not affect colic. I'm sorry your baby is colicky, and I do hope you find something that helps.

*Chris

Hello,

I bought the Dr Brown's bottles because they were glass and because I noticed gas with my baby- I liked the fact that they were not that expensive and I did find that it helped with the gas. That said my baby was not colic so I am not sure how much help they will be for that.

Chris

Expert Forum User

have you considered the formula?? my son i thought had horrible colic and it turned out to be lactose intolerent... switched to soy ( similac) and went to an osteopath for a few visits and he was much better... just a thought, not sure what you have already tried