View Poll Results: Do you make sure your halloween candy is peanut free?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always!

17 30.91%
  • I never thought of it.

13 23.64%
  • I buy what I like to eat.

19 34.55%
  • other.

6 10.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default halloween candy.

When purchasing halloween candy do you make sure its peanut free?
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

I buy what I like - but that's because we get like 5 kids, and I get the rest. It happens that I like the nestle pack - which I think is nut free, but that's not why I buy it
    Kristina - mom of 4 girls

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I voted always! However I do have a couple disclaimers.

1. If there is something I want .. like pb cups or snickers .. I buy those too. However they are ONLY for my house and not handed out at the door or mixed in with the peanut free candy.

2. This year we are making goodie bags. They will have a peanut free chocolate bar, a peanut free licorice and maybe a pencil or tatoo. They will also have a coupon for McD's ... which I assume they are not peanut free there but leave it up to the parent to decide if they wish to use it. I think this is ok because it does not contaminate the bag
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

For stuff we're giving out, yes.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

Not on purpose, but yes.

04/05/12 & 28/09/12 - Mama loves you, Babies.

Expert Forum User

Yes, but I'm also allergic to peanuts. I like Tootsie because All Tootsie products are:

Gluten-Free (All Tootsie products are gluten free except Andes cookies.)
    Peanut-Free
    Nut Product-Free

Expert Forum User

No, but I buy a few bags of things and try to make sure some of them are peanut free. This year I got the 8 pack of peanut butter cups for $1, which is DS favourite snack. But if someone has an allergy then I have the other treats also.

Expert Forum User

nope. i like nuts.

Expert Forum User

I dont even think about it to be honest...

Yes for anything we're giving out @ the door.

Expert Forum User

i buy what i like and figure that if a child has allergies the parents will sort the loot... just like i would never just trust some strangers if my kid had allergies.

I am kinda surprised by the results here. Not saying anyone is wrong for buying peanut products. We get a lot every year. I am just surprised that so many moms of little ones who are quite possibly in school and have to do the peanut free thing all the time do not auto matically go that route when handing out stuff. I guess I am just paranoid - lol. My DH laughs at me because I am super anal about ours being peanut free because I am afraid of contaminating someones entire loot. I don't know why because it is packaged, but it just seems like if the package was in a peanut factory and comes together with ones that are peanut free it could contaminate it someohow. or may something could get loose. I know I know .. paranoid. My kids also manage to sneak something on me every. single. year. I am paranoid a little one who does not know better could do that too Yep paranoid is likely the key word here
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

I buy peanut free stuff to give out (the mixed box of chocolate bars). I also buy a smaller pack of Reese's Peanut Butter cups to eat myself

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I am kinda surprised by the results here. Not saying anyone is wrong for buying peanut products. We get a lot every year. I am just surprised that so many moms of little ones who are quite possibly in school and have to do the peanut free thing all the time do not auto matically go that route when handing out stuff. I guess I am just paranoid - lol. My DH laughs at me because I am super anal about ours being peanut free because I am afraid of contaminating someones entire loot. I don't know why because it is packaged, but it just seems like if the package was in a peanut factory and comes together with ones that are peanut free it could contaminate it someohow. or may something could get loose. I know I know .. paranoid. My kids also manage to sneak something on me every. single. year. I am paranoid a little one who does not know better could do that too Yep paranoid is likely the key word here
    When I was a kid I had a peanut butter cup come lose from it's packaging in my candy bag. My parents took my candy from me and bought me all new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Upsidedownmuffin View Post
    When I was a kid I had a peanut butter cup come lose from it's packaging in my candy bag. My parents took my candy from me and bought me all new stuff.
    This is exactly my paranoia We live in a less than economically vibrant area. I worry that if I were the cause of a peanut product ruining a stash that the parents would be “sorry kid out of luck“ simply because they would haveno other option. Yeah, yeah I am the candy pessimist here - lol. I am ABSOLUTELY not passing my fears on any one elses decission though so please do NOT take them as judgement. They are merely me discussing my crazy side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast