Expert Forum User

Default island of adventure or magic kingdom

We will be heading back to florida next summer 6 nights in the keys then up to orlando. We just went to disney so should we do our one day there or go to island of adventure. I am really having a tough time deciding. Would love to do harry potter. kids will be 3, 4 and 8. We are spending 4 nights in orlando but not focusing on the theme parks.

Expert Forum User

I think with little kids I'd do Magic Kingdom. If they were teens I'd do Islands of Adventure. Many of the rides at IOA are good for big kids while MK has very few rides little kids can't ride.

Expert Forum User

We just did island of adventure, and yes it is more geared to older children. The harry potter rides are 2 upside down roller coasters, a simulator that is geared for older children/adults, and one roller coaster that is for children.

They do have a big Dr Suess section for children, with a smaller simulator ride, roller coaster train etc. They also have a water raft ride (closed for maintance the day we were there) 2 drop log rides (like off a cliff) and a dinosaur flying ride (for young ones).

If you want to see pics, I have pics from all over that park.

Expert Forum User

we did islands of adventure a couple years ago. We were there for only a few hours. Wasnt a whole lot for my 3 year old at the time to do, we were done by lunch. so if it were me, i wouldve done magic kingdom instead.

Expert Forum User

With those ages, I would opt for SeaWorld or Disney over Universal. Or maybe the new Lego Land? Although it might be busy being new...
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.