Thread: House hunting

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default House hunting

Well we put an offer in on a house in the perfect location for us but the sellers want $5,000.00 more than we offered and we were at our max (or at least according to my husband we were, but I bet if there was a garage we'd find another $5,000.00!). I'm so sad, we'd already started packing and I was picturing our furniture in it. It was walking distance to work for me and closer to DH's work too. We're in Old South and I think we've come to the conclusion that if we're moving and we can't find anything we like that we can afford here, we would ideally like to go to Old North/Woodfield area, maybe Oxford Park. On the plus side I can drown my sorrows in shopping again!
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

mumtobelle

It's stressful selling and buying a home for sure. We looked at Old North/Woodfield too but a 2 bedroom bungalow in Old North was $240 000 and we were coming from a 3000 sq. ft home and there was no way we could adjust to such a small home.

Have you looked over in the Black Friars area or Becher/The Ridgway area? Houses aren't too expensive there, at least compared to old north.

Good luck!

We have looked in those areas, but no luck finding something that has the space we would like. We'll keep looking. Just really thought we'd get that one we bid on.

Expert Forum User

So sorry they didn't accept. Did they get another offer? If not, perhaps they will be more flexible a month from now. In the mean time, happy house hunting...I love browsing the mls listings!

If you are willing to look at "for sale by owner", I have another source for you: http://ontario.propertysold.ca/london/residential/
    Last edited by Liisa; 02-27-2008 at 07:31 PM.
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

My neighbours house is for sale and it's pretty much the exact layout as ours, so on Friday you can take a look at mine!

Kidding .. I hope you get the house you want!! It is always stressful until the papers are signed!
    Overachieving underachiever

They didn't get another offer as far as I know, but they want $5,000 more than we want to pay for it. They dropped their asking price by $10,000 already since it's been on the market for 5 months and they've had a failed deal. I'm hoping its still on the market in a month and they rethink our offer! Thanks for the website Liisa. Funkymom I look forward to seeing your place! I think we may make some cookies to bring if thats ok. Just chocolate chip.