Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There is tons left actually. I think the weather scared some people away last night. So go check it out - I imagine there's lots of deals to be had still. I got three garbage bags full yesterday for $140, including a snowsuit and four pairs of boots.

I got about a garbage bag full, and I only spent $28, I was a bit short on funds until next week, I had a lot more that I sorted through and decided against.

Expert Forum User

I got 2 big bags full for 69$ I got the cutest potty. the clothes were pretty picked over though. I wanted to go yesterday but my calender i had that it started @5 so i showed up at 5 and saw the lovely sign that said 7. but unfortunatly it didnt work with the rest of the evening so I went today. they had lots of cloth diapers this time they never had any when i had gone before but some people must have been drinking when they priced their stuff. there was a medioker outfit from walmart priced @ 16$ and a thomas toy priced at 25$
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

I was busy last night so couldn't go, and didn't want to fight the crowds (not worth it cuz there's nothing I really needed!)... but went today and got a Thomas toy, some dinosaurs, two pairs of mittens and 3 Baby Einstein DVDs for 16 bucks. Not bad But it was picked over, and there were some stupidly priced things left.. lol.. they really should drop their prices at the end or they're just gonna be stuck taking them back home! I did notice one toy set that looked worth about a dollar was 8 dollars and someone marked it down to 4, but that's about it. I noticed a nice-looking backpack carrier, and my eyes bugged when I saw that it was priced at 150. There was a note that said "Originally 300, used once"... but if I'm going to a sale like that, I don't care! I just want it to be cheap! Hahahaha... Not that I needed one, I have one already, but just sayin'

I really normally LOVE this sale and spend about 100$ and get tons. Well I went this am and was soo excited to see how full it was. And I know part of the reason is the fact some pricing was outrageous. I think there should be some standard or something! There were books tied together for 40 plus dollars...y toys in small bags for 20.00...I would have bought so much more if the prices were fair!

Expert Forum User

I am interested to hear what you would think is fair pricing? I sold in the sale and barely had anything priced over $4.00. I was surprised that I could not sell a barely worn Gap top for $2.00. It was a size 4. Is that priced too high?

I know there is always a couple of sellers that price their items high but there were 90 (?) vendors so a couple of vendors out of 90 would not make the whole sale overpriced.

I hear this complaint every year that we have the sale but I have yet to hear what they would price the clothes and items that they saw.

Expert Forum User

I didn't bother going this year. I too find that most clothing is priced too high. Twinmommy if I had gone I would probably have bought your Gap top for $2.00. I don't think that is too much. But like others said a Walmart outfit for $16 is expensive.

I just don't buy it if it is over priced. Same goes for every sale I go to. Do I think $2 for a shirt is overpriced..no...do I think 8.00..you bet. There were tons like that! The books I saw..I was thinking maybe 10 bucks for the bundle...no 40...I am almost fell over. I don't know why, but I think the first year I went, it was at the German club, anyhow...I remember things being 2/3/4 bucks max

Yeah that's the thing, is that the prices were just all over the place! I like the sales where you can negotiate. 2 bucks to me is an outfit, or a like-new shirt. At one of the sales they had fill a grocery bag for 10 bucks.. it was awesome! I just go for the cheap pricing! lol

Expert Forum User

yea SB i saw the carrier too then saw the price and walked on by!
    I got some great deals on clothes 1$ for 24m jean overalls. I got some great priced toys too. I always wished the sale would be longer. I hate the hours. if it was opened sunday 2 I'd probably make a repeat trip just because I can lol.
    but friday opening at 7pm is too late. 7:30 is bed time so I can't drag my kids out at 7pm not to mention with out a stroller yea right.
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

I also found a lot of items overpriced this time. I saw a lot of clothes that I liked and would have bought, but they were a bit more than I wanted to spend. $2 for a shirt is fine by me. But, I was also at TCP 2 days ago and got 2 NEW t-shirts for my DS and with tax it came to $6.04... so, I don't think I would pay more than $3 for a used shirt...

Expert Forum User

The prices on used books were really high. And there was a lot of clothing that was outrageously priced! I bought items that were 1, 2, and 4 dollars and just passed by the stuff that is more than that. I hate when the vendors put a name brand (say, Gap) shirt together with a pair of jeans from Zellers and price it at $10 or more! Also the spring sale had tons of winter stuff, I didn`t notice as much of that this time around.
    I don`t think $2 for a Gap shirt is overpriced at all twinmommy. That`s very fair, especially for something in great condition. I was able to find lots of stuff for my girls (2 of them anyway) at a fair price but also lots of stuff stained and really worn that I passed over. I saw a Gymboree shirt that was at least 10 years old, based on the tag! I really wonder if that vendor really expected to sell that one!
    Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I do not think you were over priced if your GAPshirt was $2. Now if you wanted $8-10 for that shirt I likely would have had my eyes bug out of my head and walked away. I try to gauge price by sales nit original price. So it needs to be LESS than I could get it on sale. If it still looks new I would pay up to sale price .. if it is well used condition no more than half what I would expect to get it on a really good sale.

That being said I did not make it this year because I completely forgot yesturday - lol
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Expert Forum User

Thanks ladies, your feedback is appreciated It helps to know what you are looking for instead of just saying things are overpriced. I agree that $40.00 for used books is way too much.

I guess I didn't see the overpriced stuff because I was sticking to the clothes section since I only had 10 minutes to shop because DH spent all that time in Emerg the day of the sale, I had to work the Friday night of the sale and I couldn't go back Saturday either

I have always found goods deals and each year it differs in the amount that I end up leaving with.

I will have to see how much my cheque is though because I spent at least 12 hours with my mom tagging and getting everything ready to sell. I am not sure how I did because I priced almost everything $4 and under to sell it but it might mean that it's not worth it to sell in the sale at those prices. I would have to sell a lot of clothes at a $1.00 to make it worth my while and it seems that's the only price people were willing to pay.

Thanks for your responses to our sale ladies, it's always interesting to hear feedback. While we do encourage our vendors to price things to sell there are some that price emotionally if you know what I mean. I also sold in the sale and I only brought home 3 things (I didn't sell any clothes as it is really time consuming to tag everything.) This particular sale we had a lot of new vendors that have never sold before and from experience I can say that a lot of them will change their prices before the next sale. It is a learning curve and you will find that the vets who have sold in the past do really well in their pricing techniques and get rid of a lot of their merchandise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast