Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what double stroller is recommended to carry a 2 year old and a newborn?

so i have a 2 year old, and a newborn on the way by beginning of december. (ahhh....now i have to think about the snow as a factor maybe)..well anyways...i need a stroller, still for my 2 year old, and as well for my newborn to lug around with the car seat in or without the car seat adapter.

i just want one stroller to stroll them both but dont know what is good out there.

are the side by side strollers better? or the strollers that are one-in front of the other. (this should be a poll thread hehe).

please any tips or recommendations are appreciated!!!!

Expert Forum User

We have a Baby Jogger City Elite, which we love, and is available as a double. We also love the BJ City Select, which can be for 1-3 children, but doesn't need to have more than one in at a time, so when your older LO is big and doesn't need the stroller, you're not pushing an empty seat, kwim?

We've been thinking about this too though, and decided not to do anything for the time being, because it'll be much easier to keep the new baby warm enough in a wrap if we do go out than in a stroller/car seat. By the time little one isn't being carried, big LO might not be in the stroller, or could be ok with just a hitchhiker at the back.
    Mummy to two wonderful miracle boys

Expert Forum User

we bought peg perego aria twin... haven't had both of them in there yet obviously... but i did put the car seat in and dd in the other seat and she loves it. we had a single peg stroller for dd and a peg car seat so it all works perfect together.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Phil&Ted's

Expert Forum User

I just got the baby-trend sit and stand.
    it has 2 full seats you can attach the car seat in front seat of back seat or both if the babies are both that small.
    aswell the back full seat comes off and its a sit and stand for when the 2y/o is big enough.

I liked the idea of such a convertable stroller because it would save having to buy another one when the 2y/o wants more freedom.

price is pretty good aswell
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

Quote Originally Posted by DMSco View Post
    it has 2 full seats you can attach the car seat in front seat of back seat or both if the babies are both that small.
    aswell the back full seat comes off and its a sit and stand for when the 2y/o is big enough.

I liked the idea of such a convertable stroller because it would save having to buy another one when the 2y/o wants more freedom.

We have the same one and I love it!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Do you NEED a double? I just stick the baby in a carrier then have the stroller for the toddler. Most of the time I dont take a stroller because Evalynn hates them and Andrew is in a carrier.
    Mommy to DS Jan '06, DD July '09, DS Feb '11, DD Dec '12
    Wife to my wonderful DH of 8 years
    http://handsbetterfull.blogspot.com/

Expert Forum User

We got a sit and stand but not the double one. My older DD sits on the bench which has a seat belt or stands and baby goes in car seat on it and when she is bigger will sit in the seat.

I have the Baby Trend Sit n Stand as well... which I LOVE right now! I clip the bucket seat on the front and DD1 sits on the back bench/or stands. I am actually second guessing my choice though.. when DD2 gets older and no longer has a bucket she will be sitting up front. The front seat doesn't recline enough for the child to lay down (a feature I couldn't live without when DD1 was young)- so I can't really take the kids anywhere if they are tired KWIM? I'll be watching this thread.. I may invest in something different when the time comes..

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by DMSco View Post

I have this too.. I wonder if you can order the back seat for it? Mine didn't come with one.. it just has the bench..

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I have the city select with both seats, car seat adapter, and bassinet. I have to say that I looooove the stroller, but I could have totally gotten by without as my baby screams in his carseat and likes to be wrapped and my daughter is now almost three. It is nice to have once in awhile, but I had to laugh this weekend at the Science Center when I pushed an empty double around for 3 hrs if I had done it again I would have just got a board for my oldest to stand on.
    Lemon Drop Dolls - Waldorf inspired dolls
    http://www.facebook.com/lemondropdolls

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by LunarSun View Post
    I have the city select with both seats, car seat adapter
    I have this too and love it

[QUOTE=dashenka;1554437] We have a Baby Jogger City Elite, which we love, and is available as a double. We also love the BJ City Select, which can be for 1-3 children, but doesn't need to have more than one in at a time, so when your older LO is big and doesn't need the stroller, you're not pushing an empty seat, kwim?

I have the City select.. and while I love it.. I wish I had gotten the Baby Jogger City Elite double. We had the single for my son and sold it and bought the Select when I had my daughter. I miss that stroller.

That being said -- I don't think the Select would accomodate three seats, maybe I'm wrong -- but I can't imagine how that would work. There isn't enough space.

Ok I have the baby trend double that turns to a sit n stand and it is a giant piece of poop to push with both kids in it. Dh refuses to even use it now. We are currently looking at getting the baby jogger double city mini....ahh that one is amazing!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast