Default fake baby dolls that look REAL to prepare toddler for upcoming arrival. is available?

wondering if i can buy a fake baby doll that looks almost real. not the kid you see at toys r us. my little 2 year old can tell the difference between a fake toy doll and a real baby. but there are these dolls that are fake but have been made to look sooo real that its supposed to help with a baby to accept the upcoming arrival of a baby in the family....

anyone heard of this before??

im interested in one but don't know where to look...

I don't know, but I'm wondering what's wrong with the toddler playing with a doll that doesn't look like a baby? Where did you find the information that a real looking doll will prepare an older sibling better than a doll-looking doll?

I have one Its a little boy that I got as a Christmas present when i was 8 - I still have him - it has the real eyes and is very detailed including the penis area, umbilical cord etc - I can try to take a picture so you can see - I think my uncle got it for me from the states. I remember going shopping with my step mom as a little girl buying diapers and real baby clothes for him :luv:

I have NO CLUE if they are still available or not?
    Mother is the name for love in the hearts of my boys!
    __________________________________________________ _

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by floretta View Post
    I don't know, but I'm wondering what's wrong with the toddler playing with a doll that doesn't look like a baby? Where did you find the information that a real looking doll will prepare an older sibling better than a doll-looking doll?

I am wondering this too. I honestly wouldn't try too hard looking for a 'real' looking babydoll. I would use any doll and talk to your child about being gentle, and showing / practicing being gentle, quiet etc. with a toy doll. Any doll, no matter how 'real' it looks is not going to be anywhere near the same as the real thing! If your child is 2, I would wait until maybe 3-4 weeks before baby is due to start practising. IME, don't overdue it though, it will be your reactions and the reactions of other adults around the baby that will influence your older child's acceptance of the new baby the most. Good luck!