Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Single Moms..Did you choose to be single??

Ok so not sure I worded that right but I mean was the dad just never an option or did you decide to pick up and leave?

I never understood staying together for the kids but now that I have kids I see how it's so hard to decide to leave when you know the dad is good to them. does that make sence?
    I love my partner very much but once and a while worry that he may just not be ready for the responsibility he signed on for , you know

Anyways probably just a bad hormonal day for me but curious to why or how other moms decided it was right for them
    It is such a bigger decision once kids are in play
    ...and in that moment I swear we were infinite.

Banned

I chose (I asked him to leave). I was so miserable and it affected everything. I figured my kids were better off with two happy parents than two miserable ones. And it seems I was right!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I packed up and left.

I'm a single mama by choice, went into it single by choice, both times. My daughter's dad is a good friend of mine. The baby I am expecting was conceived via a donor. I really wanted to be a mama and didn't feel compelled to have a partner to do it.
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

I too asked him to leave.... things were so stressful with him around and it seemed all we ever did was fight. We tried to make it work out for a really long time... but now that we are apart, things are much better!

Expert Forum User

I asked him to finally leave, even though he wasn't around much to be a 'father'.

Expert Forum User

edit
    Last edited by MamaM; 10-03-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Mom to DS - 9.5 years old
    AND

I've downsized to a sweet little yellow brick home in Old East. My backyard is a haven for birds :)

Did I choose to be single? Hell, no. I was heartfelt in my wedding vows and put up with a lot. It took an amazing counsellor to help me see the abuse was not my fault. After a number of police calls to the house he left and I changed the locks the next day.

Edited this... deleted a lot of unnecessary ranting.
    Last edited by Old gal; 02-25-2008 at 06:54 AM.
    Love seeketh not itself to please,
    Nor for itself hath any care,
    But for another gives its ease,
    And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

- William Blake (1757 - 1827)

I went into it knowing that at some point I would be a single mom, I can honestly admit I never saw it lasting with dd's dad I always knew that the relationship was not healthy. when I got custody I also knew it would be only a short period before the ex was gone and thats what i wanted. No I was not being one of those cut him out her life moms in my case sperm donor is an admitted child absuer

I was about 8 months pregnant and he left....seeing his "track record", I was subconciously (sp?) preparing myself for doing a lot on my own, but not as soon as it happened ya know? He left on a Wednesday to hang out with his son, and didn't come back for 4 days....then he was home for a couple hours and left again...for good...looking back our relationship wasn't the greatest but it wasn't bad either....we haven't talked since....

My baby's Daddy was never an option. I'm a single mom by choice and I'm A OK with that.
    Mom to the Desmanian Devil ( May 05 )

I didn't choose to be a single mama but when your dealing with a cracked egg you eventually say enough is enough get the beep out and I did and never looked back.

I don't think I choose to be a single mom. I was put in the situation after finding out my husband cheated on me so I left. I don't regret the choice I made, it was best for my 2 kids.

“life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away“

I guess I am a SM by choice, we were together on and off for a couple years then pretty much over, then found out I was epecting. I stuck in there while pregnant, even though he treated me like a bag of s#!T, for the sake of Jacob. I realize I would have been much better off without him from the start, he caused alot of stress and issues.

Jacob is now 5 months old, and I love every minute of being a single mother to him. I think..I KNOW... I am happier and a better person without his father in my life as a partner, and even though I want what is best for my baby, that always doesn't mean having his father there 24/7. Sure its hard as hell being alone with him all the time, with no help, but I'm hoping that he will love me for it once hes older!

Not by choice. I believe in marriage; if you're stuck with a rough guy, that must suck. My situation was a bit different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast